Position: Brand Ambassador Date Posted: Monday, March 20th
Type: 10 hours per week, 4 weeks Expiry Date: Monday, March 27th
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Canadian Federation of Students is the largest student organisation in Canada, representing over half a million college and university students on campuses across the country. The Federation brings students together to discuss how to build a post-secondary education system that is of high quality and accessible to everyone, irrespective of class, race or gender. Since the organisation was founded in 1981, the Federation has lead the charge against high tuition fees and advocated for safer campuses by developing campaigns and services that address inequalities faced by students. By working together, students have seen real change at the local, provincial, and national levels.
In recognition of the financial hardships students undergo when pursuing higher education, the Federation developed a discount programme to help students save money on everyday purchases like books, clothing, food, and entertainment. The programme is Canada’s only discount programme run for students, by students. Students are able to gain access to discounts by using their International Student Identity Card (ISIC) or Studentsaver card*.
Discounts are negotiated with local, often independent, businesses in communities throughout Canada. In exchange for offering exclusive discounts to students, participating businesses are offered free promotional services that attract the college and university student population to their products and services. Businesses that offer discounts are promoted on the ISIC Canada website, (www.isiccanada.ca), the ISIC Global website (www.isic.org), the ISIC app, associated college and university apps, as well as on flyers that are distributed on local campuses throughout the year.
The Canadian Federation of Students is seeking a Brand Ambassador to approach local businesses around their campus community and encourage them to participate in the student discount programme. As members of the nationwide Discount Solicitor Network, Brand Ambassadors will play a critical role in creating meaningful and long-lasting partnerships with local businesses and providing exclusive discounts for their peers to benefit from. The position requires Brand Ambassadors to work independently and remotely, while providing consistent progress reports to the Discount Solicitor Network.
- Research potential businesses to solidify partnerships with and create map of businesses to target
- Develop action plan to achieve regional goals and maximize participation from local businesses
- Approach local business owners/managers and encourage them to offer exclusive discounts to students in exchange for free promotion
- Follow-up with subsequent visits and phone calls to highlight benefits of programme for both businesses and students
- Ensure contracts signed by participating businesses are comprehensive and legible
- Keep track of solicitations in database with list of participating businesses, contact information of all businesses approached, when to follow-up, when to send resources, etc.
- Submit weekly progress report of solicitations which includes all signed contracts and updated database of solicited businesses
- Coordinate solicitation efforts with fellow Brand Ambassadors through the Discount Solicitor Network
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with participating businesses
- Current post-secondary student
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Willingness to be creative and innovate to promote participation and reach regional goals
- Effective time management skills that balances time devoted to developing strategies, soliciting businesses, and tracking progress
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to set and achieve goals
- Willingness to work as part of team to transfer knowledge and experience, and to identify when support or guidance is necessary
- Strong organisational skills to keep track of progress
- Ability to travel locally
- Sales experience preferred, but not necessary
$15/hr for 10 hours per week (flexible schedule). Bonus incentives for completing minimum regional targets.
Contact / Application Information
For more information, or to apply contact email@example.com. Please use subject line ISIC Brand Ambassador: Your Name, and include a brief cover letter and resume. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Name: Anna Dubinski
Telephone: (902) 329-2329