- To organize students on a democratic, co-operative basis in advancing our own interests and in advancing the interests of our community;
- To provide a common framework within which students can communicate, exchange information, and share experience, skill and ideas;
- To ensure the effective use and distribution of the resources of the student movement, while maintaining a balanced growth and development of student organizations that respond to students' needs and desires;
- To bring students together to discuss and to achieve necessary educational, administrative or legislative change wherever decision-making affects students;
- To facilitate co-operation among students in organizing services that supplement our academic experience, provide for our human needs and which develop a sense of community with our peers and other members of society;
- To articulate the real desire of students to fulfill the duties, and be accorded the rights of citizens in our society and in the international community;
- To achieve our ultimate goal - a system of post-secondary education that is accessible to all, which is of high quality, which is nationally planned, which recognizes the legitimacy of student representation, and the validity of student rights, and whose role in society is clearly recognized and appreciated.